What to Study?
For Prelims and Mains: Raisina Dialogue Key facts.
GS paper II : – Groupings & Agreements
Why In News ?
- Raisina Dialogue is a tested multilateral conference held annually in New Delhi. Since its inception in 2016, the conference has emerged as India flagship conference on geopolitics and geo-economics of the country.
- Conference hosted by Observer Research Foundation & Ministry of External Affairs of India.
- It is designed on the line at Singapore Shangri La Dialogue.
Raisina Dialogue 2020 Key Points :
- It has a 3-day count.
- Theme – `Navigating the Alpha Century`.
- 700 participants from over 100 countries, the foreign ministry of 12 countries are taking part including Russia, Iran, Australia.
- The conference is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving a variety of global policymakers including heads of state, cabinet ministers and local government officials. Besides, the dialogue also welcomes major private sector executives, as well as members of the media and academia.
Participants : –
- 40% of the speakers are women.
- secretary-general of SCO, secretary-general of the commonwealth.
- NSA of Afghanistan, Deputy NSA of USA.
- Head of the 30 global think tank from around the world to prevent views.
- SR TAYAL: Alpha is something which is changing something which is very strong.
- Challenges are coming from 3 directions: Globalization, Trade architecture, Technological Advancement.
KEY PEOPLE PRESENT : –
- Hamid Karzai former president of Afghanistan.
- Stephen Harper former PM of Canada.
- Carl Bildt former PM Sweden.
- Andres Rasmussen former PM Denmark.
DISCUSSION TOPICS :
- Nationalist Impulsive challenges as a global institution and collective action.
- Debate on global architecture.
- Role of technology in data mining
- Political economic and military power
- Global development agenda .
- State individual relationship in the age of digital communities and cyberspace.
MORE DETAILS : –
- In the last 5 years Raisina dialogue established itself as a prestigious global event.
- Visiting the best strategic thinkers of the world, it sets the tone for India’s intensive diplomatic engagement with this year.
- Raisina 2019 dialogue discussed how the world was and the new order of the world.
- It started a discussed is the world is there a looming shape of the world order taking place.
- It is a platform to exchanging of views and it finds the understanding it helps in building different points of views for harmony, how to integrate, how to bring everybody together.
- Raisina dialogue committed to most challenging issues facing the global community
2016 RAISINA DIALOGUE : –
- Over 120 delegate from 40 nations.
- Asia regional and global connectivity, focused on Asia physical-economic human and dialogue connectivity to discover opportunities for the region.
2017 RAISINA DIALOGUE : –
- 800 delegates.
- 120 speakers from over 65 countries.
- THEME: The new normal: Multilateralism with multi-polarity.
2018 RAISINA DIALOGUE : –
- Delegates from 86 nations participated
- Theme: Managing disruptive transition: Ideas, institution, and idioms.
CONCLUSION : –
Raisina Dialogue opportunity for over minister as well as analyst think tanks experts of foreign policy to present to India’s vision to the practitioner of the foreign policy of other countries and try to bring them on the same page so that there is more harmony.